Cooking Quinoa in a Rice Cooker
Quinoa is one of the budgets friendly and healthier food which I always love to eat. Cooking Quinoa is very easy and fast if you use a rice cooker. But before we learn about how to cook quinoa in a rice cooker. Here is some good information about Quinoa.
BENEFITS OF QUINOA
1. Quinoa is a great source of protein and fibre. It keeps the human body full and gives sustained energy.
2. Quinoa is a complete protein, meaning it contains all the essential amino acids that are human body needs!
3. Quinoa doesn’t cost much money. It’s very budget-friendly food available in the local grocery.
WHERE TO BUY QUINOA
Quinoa most time available in your local grocery store. You can also find Quinoa bag in Walmart. I always prefer ordering Quinoa online at Amazon.
HOW MUCH QUINOA COST
Quinoa cost $7.50 per pound in local grocery shops near you. You can buy from Walmart store it usually costs $3.72 per bag. On Amazon online store the cost of 2-lb bag of whole-grain quinoa cost you $11.99 which makes around $6 per pound.
HOW TO COOK QUINOA IN RICE COOKER
You can make Quinoa very easy and fast using a rice cooker. Don’t worry it will be perfectly cooked Quinoa.
1. Quinoa (1 Cup)
2. Water or broth (2 cups)
3. Tsp salt (1/2) Optional
Cooking Quinoa in Rice Cooker
1. Rinse Quinoa
2. Pour the quinoa with water into the cooker. For adding flavour I recommend using broth instead of water.
3. Add salt into the cooker and turn on the rice cooker.
4. It’s take up to 30 minutes to perfectly cooked Quinoa.
5. Wait at least five more minutes then use a fork to fluff it.
Note:- Don’t remove the lid while cooking Quinoa.